Senior Analytics Engineer
San Diego, CA
The successful candidate for this role will be joining a hard-working global analytics and visualization team working across all PlayStation data assets and business groups.
This role specifically requires experience in combining complex data into performant and intuitive data visualizations. Working across multiple data types (web analytics, raw telemetry, processed relational data and APIs) to find value and deliver quickly to multiple business teams globally. This is an exciting client-facing role, requiring both technical and business knowledge with a requirement to successfully bridge both domains. The successful candidate will gather and understand the unique business requirements, then develop and build performant solutions to meet those requirements, all while collaborating with the wider team. This will cover all aspects of analytics and visualization including data acquisition, preparation, processing as well as delivering intuitive, UX and insights driven analytics to a sophisticated global audience. This is a technical role with constant customer interaction.
Successful candidates will have experience across all aspects with a heavy focus on performant and intuitive visualizations and customer interaction.
The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
• Translate requirements and collaborate globally to develop across both database and analytics and visualization platforms (i.e. Snowflake & DOMO), frequently working with Product, Architecture and Engineering in other teams.
• Designing and optimizing complex data visualizations spanning multiple data domains to deliver intuitive insights.
• Lead engagements with business teams to drive value across the organization.
• Lead UX and contribute to wider team initiatives across the organization.
• Communicate confidently and proactively with customers throughout the project lifecycle, handle customer expectations appropriately and keep work you're doing on schedule and within scope.
• Advise key collaborators and drive client success for critical business impact drivers.
• Continually explore and research multiple extensions and libraries that can improve our visualization offering to the organization.
• Designing and optimizing complex data ingestion and transformation pipelines.
• Designing performant models for the data warehouse or data mart (data structure, storage, and integration).
• Integrating performant API patterns across the Analytics and Visualization platforms.
• Designing and optimizing any embedded content requirements across the enterprise architecture.
• Responsible for optimizing global performance of the platform for all end users.
• Document and provide ongoing support for implemented solutions.
• Provide technical guidance and mentor less senior team members.
• Provide business mentorship to team members to promote clear and concise data delivery work, dashboards/visualizations, and business communication across the portfolio
• Collaborate across the whole team to continually improve and iterate on our value and offering to the organization.
• Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of creating high value business intelligence assets across multiple technology vendors (e.g. Domo, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, MicroStrategy, etc.).
• Passion for turning complex data into UX focused, intuitive and performant visualizations.
• Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to guide an audience through clear, concise communication and decision making.
• Experience working with large data sets, data architecture, complex data pipelines, management and governance.
• Deep knowledge with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. Snowflake, Redshift, Netezza, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
• Extensive SQL centric project work.
• Solid understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design).
• Experience with or exposure to scripting and big data technologies (Java, Python, R, etc.)
• Experience of integrating API frameworks into wider business intelligence solutions.
• Experience of extending core business intelligence platform functionality using the platform SDK or API framework.
• Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.)
• Goal oriented with good attention to detail.
• Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes.
• Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success.
• Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented approach.
• Possess a pro-innovation approach to problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a standout colleague, and manage change effectively.
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Proven ability to learn quickly, be a great teammate, and handle change well.
• Some international travel may be required (e.g. UK, Japan).
• Extensive experience working with Adobe Analytics or similar tools
• Solid understanding of common analytics use cases including metric definition, dashboard creation, online marketing, advertising technology, digital attribution, experimentation, and media consumption.
• Passion for the internet domain and use of technology to solve business problems.
• Extensive Domo experience.
• Experience working in web analytics or a related field.
• Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Launch, Adobe Experience Platform)
• Working experience with collaborative source code management using Github or similar
• Web API usage experience
• Experience with statistical methodologies.
• Exposure to Data Science, Data Modeling and analytics.
• Experience in React Native or similar frameworks
• AWS development experience.
• Japanese language proficiency and working experience strongly preferred
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$147,500 - $221,300 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5zzo-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.