Security Specialist (Contract)
Location: San Diego, CA
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, forward-thinking engineers, and a passionate security team? If so, join us!
The position is a hands-on application security support role for someone who likes working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a fast-paced and fun environment.
You will provide technical guidance and hands on validation of secure solutions during the design, development, and testing of systems supporting the PlayStation products and services.
• Act as administrative liaison between the Product Security team and security consultants/vendors globally.
• Coordinate work activities and tasks for the platform's application penetration testing requirements between external vendors and internal resources.
• Maintain schedules, meetings, and tasks between external vendors and internal resources based on complex calendar events.
• Become the outcome owner for the penetration testing tasks between vendors, internal teams, and internal applications.
• Create, maintain, follow up on, and close tickets to support all tasks that support pen testing activities.
• Manage troubleshooting activities for any issues during penetration testing.
• Serve as a helpful knowledge base for penetration testing information, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner.
• Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
• Build and present reports to team leadership on the progress and results of penetration testing activities.
• An understanding of network architectures, application architectures, web applications, REST API's, network routing, network segmentation, firewalls, etc.
• Associate's degree or equivalent in a technical field.
• Network+ or Security+ certifications are a plus.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Detail oriented, must have strong attention to details and the ability to multitask.
• Ability to maintain and coordinate many simultaneous tasks and activities.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment on difficult projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion.
• Good interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner.
Nice to haves:
• An understanding of software development and coding
• An understanding of application security vulnerabilities
• An understanding of Agile project management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pmb1-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.