Security Operations Engineer
San Diego, CA
We are looking for an inspirational and hardworking person to join the Security Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)! You'll be joining an exciting team of innovative engineers who are unified in their mission to make PlayStation the best and most secure gaming platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring the security needs are met. The Engineer will also support the deployment of new security technologies that will improve the overall security posture of SIE. This role is highly technical and requires a solid grasp of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
• Hands-on implementation and management of security devices and applications to supervise and review network, servers, databases, and applications
• Hands-on experience designing and supporting a variety of types of security technologies including but not limited to Intrusion Prevention Systems, Network Firewalls, Security Policy management, Authentication, and Application Firewalls
• Participates in on call rotation for 24x7 support of security operations
• Other duties that assigned
• Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
• SANS GPPA certification preferred, or relevant perimeter security experience
• 3+ year security engineering, IT or networking experience required
• Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
• Firewall rule and policy administration knowledge
• Network routing knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good independent problem solving experience
• Basic understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
• Have demonstrable experience in implementing security in the public cloud.
• Ability to handle parallel tasks and accurately detail resolutions
• Industry recognized professional certification such as GPPA, Security+, CCNP, CCSE, CISSP
• Past experience with or current understanding of security policies and procedures
• Direct experience with security infrastructure engineering, ideally in Cloud environments
• Experience using and deploying container environments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke8j4-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.