SIE is developing a new suite of complementary applications (PlayStation's Content Pipeline) to support our content partners as they conceptualize, plan, develop, test and launch games and related products on the PlayStation network platform.
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Technical Program Manager - Release Management to support this work. This role will be responsible for driving application and service releases and related customer migrations from inception through deployment. They will be expected to partner with the security, systems, network engineering, database services, software development, change management and production organizations to lead, manage, and drive forward Content Pipeline releases. This position will be based in the Playstation London office but will involve working with globally distributed teams in the US, UK and Asia to optimize and harmonize their use of collaboration and agile tools and evangelize our move toward ''release when ready'' practices. The position will report to the Senior Technical Program manager in the US.
The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
What you'll be doing:
• Work within the Release Management team to manage application release cycles and environments.
• Work with Development, DevOps, Database, QA, Operations and PMO teams to set release schedules and environments in a dynamic fast-paced environment
• Work closely with engineering teams to identify dependencies and to mitigate risks.
• Coordinate and plan complex service launches which involve migrating large numbers of users to new applications and services
• Manage environment availability and release cadence
• Work closely with Developers and Operations engineers to define and automate release and deployment processes
• Assist tools development teams to prototype build and release automation tools
• Identify and propagate best practices and processes for source control, continuous integration, automated testing, build automation, deployment, and release management
• Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions
• Monitor release KPIs and provide post-release reporting. Monitor actions for continuous improvement
• Participate in technology transformations and change leadership for the existing services and innovation of new capabilities to support business growth
• Manage change control processes for changes to code and development environments
• Ensure on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality releases
• Proactively mitigate risks and remove obstacles
• Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required
• Ensure compliance with applicable for change and release management (e.g. SOX)
What we're looking for:
• Strong familiarity with configuration management, continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
• Previous experience managing software releases for a large, complex, always-on set of apps and services is strongly preferred
• Strong proficiency with collaboration and agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, qTest, etc.)
• Experience with ServiceNow or other Change Management Systems
• Minimum BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years' experience required project/program managing or leading the delivery of Software Releases and Deployments
• Experience with working with rapid, overlapping release cycles
• Experience in defining process and procedures to manage the release cycle
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
• Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
• Works effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team
• Excellent organizational, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
• Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor
• Knowledge of SAFe or similar ''scaled agile'' methodologies
• Familiarity with SOX compliance
• Experience with micro-service architectures and deployments
• Experience deploying microservices to AWS
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• London Allowance (if applicable)
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwy26k-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.