Sr. Hardware Engineer
Aliso Viejo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI)
Release Engineer (Aliso Viejo, CA / Remote)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for engineers who want to make a difference, love automating everything they can get their hands on, and enjoy working with creative, intelligent and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players!
• Build, scale, automate, and secure our infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment.
• Support software development with a special focus on the pieces between the development of software and deploying it to production.
• Balance the needs of security, maintainability, robustness, scalability, reproducibility, ease of debugging, and service transparency.
• Increase deployment velocity and confidence.
• Develop CI/CD pipelines in GitLab.
• Create and manage containers, VMs, and bare metal images.
• Work in cross-functional development teams and help deliver quality software within scheduled time constraints.
• Expert understanding of Linux systems configuration and administration. You, Linux, and the command line are best of friends.
• Extensive experience writing Bash shell scripts. You can teach us a thing or two about it.
• You are very comfortable coding in Python and understand its strengths and weaknesses.
• Passion for build and release engineering, including CI/CD platforms like GitLab.
• Strong history of taking ownership and successfully delivering results.
• You automate things rather than doing them twice.
• Ambiguity doesn't scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent work experience).
• Hands on experience with Ceph or similar distributed file systems and knowledge of object/block-based storage.
• Experience with GitLab a major plus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with Agile and DevOps.
• Contributor to open source projects.
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and playing games.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.