Full Time Job
QA Project Lead
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWhy PlayStation?
An exciting opportunity to join a global team that supports PlayStation Studios & their projects. As a QA Project Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing all functionality project specific activities on your assigned projects within PlayStation Studios. You will get to work on cutting edge hardware and videogames within a large multicultural, multi region team; helping us drive and build the future of games & games testing.
What you'll be doing:
• Be the primary point of contact for testing activities on your assigned projects, communicating clearly to the test team, production and global partners
• Plan, implement and complete functional testing strategy for your assigned projects
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance and communication of all functional test plans for your assigned projects
• Work alongside the Test Manager & Production to develop and own the resource plans for your projects. You will also assist the Test Manager in Budget related activities (for example the creation of budgets and communication)
• Lead testing teams locally as well as coordinating distributed test teams globally
• Contribute towards operational training, development and performance management to assigned Senior Testers and Testers
• Develop your own knowledge of QA services and techniques and help drive process improvement and future PlayStation Studios QA service offerings
• Collaborate with your peer group and applicable department teams to promote knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
• Support project closure activities, such as capturing & collating feedback and data to build and facilitate project post mortems
What we are looking for:
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in QA Operations
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent critical analysis skills
• Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems
Passion for videogames
Nice to have
• Successfully shipped a major title in a QA Lead capacity
• Excellent PlayStation platform knowledge
• Knowledge of PlayStation Studios processes, systems and workflows
• Adept at frontline troubleshooting and support
• PC Games testing experience, supporting and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc
• General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing
• Software testing Qualifications (such as ISQTB® Foundation level qualification or higher)
• Proficient in Japanese
• BUPA Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• Free eye test and glasses voucher
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Subsidised Café
• Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wk85-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.