Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWhy PlayStation?
CONTRACT ROLE | Not Eligible for Remote - MUST Sit Onsite in Bend, OR | No Relocation Assistance Offered
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our passionate team.
We are seeking a QA Engineer who will contribute to the development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on more technical testing techniques that will help ensure a high level of quality throughout the project.
• Create, maintain, and execute automated test cases.
• Able to create scripts from scratch in either C++, Java, or Python
• Ability to create and run scripts in engine to pull necessary information for testing.
• Create and execute test cases in engine for new tools created to aid in product development.
• Analyze features sets and identify opportunities for automation, along with benefits, and communicating to the engineers.
• Create and maintain debugging tools.
• Collaborate daily with members of QA, Production, and Development.
• Help develop and maintain better reporting for crash analysis.
• Must be proactive, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of the development team.
• Awareness of existing tools & technology and ability to utilize with a high degree of ownership.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong observational skills. Analytical, organized, and detail oriented.
• Ability to work well in a group setting with people of different disciplines.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Proficiency with PC and current Windows operating systems.
• Active listener with both peers and partners, can drive conversations, and encourages team participation.
• Degree in CS or programming
• Experience with game development engines
• Previous games industry experience.
• Experience with JIRA or similar defect tracking and task management databases.
• Experience working in an agile team environment.
• Strong understanding of existing Quality Assurance processes. Knows how to effectively apply to the assigned project.
• 3+ Years of QA testing experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9k7mz-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.