Public Relations Specialist
San Mateo, CA
SIE Communications is looking for a Public Relations Specialist to join the Global Communications team located out of our headquarters in San Mateo, CA. As a key contributor to the software and platforms publicity team, you will help drive campaign execution around PlayStation's exclusive games and products, telling impactful stories across gaming and consumer media for one of the world's leading entertainment companies.
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for supporting the department's daily activities while also focusing on securing earned media coverage. We're looking for an individual with a passion for media relations, excellent writing skills and a strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate thrives on collaboration and is eager to grow their PR career on a dynamic, fast-paced team.
• Support Global Comms campaign execution for PlayStation's exclusive games, hardware products, and services, with a strong focus on measurable media return on investment. This position will support the Global Comms Software team 50% and the Global Comms Hardware team 50%.
• Execute tactical plans for key campaign components like media bureau, satellite media tours, media tool kits, etc.
• Build and maintain relationships with top-tier US media and influencers, securing compelling coverage with a particular focus on mainstream media.
• Research new media contacts and update the Leadership team on the latest trends in the media and influencer landscape.
• Develop high-quality written materials to support game, hardware, and network launches, including blog posts, press releases, fact sheets, messaging/Q&As, briefing backgrounders, etc.
• Manage coverage reporting and asset distribution with a high degree of success.
• Assist with media events and press demos, identifying new ways to approach press demos.
• Manage contracts and asset submissions for industry events as well as submissions for editorial awards.
• Oversee the PR calendar and hot lists to ensure the team stays on track of key achievement deadlines.
• Collaborate with Global Comms Strategy team to support local market PR activities as needed.
• Contribute to a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with SIE's values.
• Create presentation templates for the Global Comms Leadership team as needed.
• The desired candidate will possess at least 2-3 years of public relations experience, ideally working with consumer-facing brands or products.
• Experience working for or with an external PR agency is preferred.
• Strong media relations experience with various outlets across consumer, gaming enthusiast and tech.
• Agile professional skilled at managing multiple projects effectively within a fast-paced team environment.
• Excellent communication skills are essential, including written, verbal, and interpersonal.
• Excels at collaborating with others to solve roadblocks and achieve results.
• Able to meet deadlines with a high degree of attention to detail.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Slack, etc.
• Interest in gaming, entertainment, or sports industries.
• Bachelor's degree in any field or equivalent.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$85,400 - $128,200 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w3qx-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.