Project Manager (Contract)
Remote, United States
This is a 6-9-month contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a likelihood of extension.
Sony PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios such as Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Bend Studio, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more! Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies.
We're looking for a Project Manager to support our senior staff and department leads. You'll partner with our internal teams in art, animation, design, outsourcing, tech, etc. by coordinating, prioritizing, and scheduling resources to ensure tasks are complete and on schedule.
If you've got the positive attitude to work on challenging but fun games, and are well-known for keeping cool under pressure, we want to speak to you!
• Provide regular status updates to department lead(s) and senior staff while facilitating cross-discipline and interdepartmental communication to complete tasks and resolve issues.
• Work with members of production team and departmental leads to breakdown complex tasks into manageable sub-projects.
• Track assets and tasks in the short-term as well as constructively thinking long-term about the project needs.
• Take care of the changes in direction of a project in production due to client changes, technology changes or other factors in a proactive manner and with a positive attitude.
• Evaluate and communicate risk or production issues – positive or negative – to the production team, and resolve ongoing production issues in consultation with the Senior Project Manager and discipline leads.
• Communicate clearly and concisely the information requests as needed. This could be email, Slacks, Teams, Shotgun, etc.
• 3+ years' proven experience as a Project Manager in a games or a similar field.
• Strong time management and leadership skills in a technically sophisticated and fast paced work environment.
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication, and project management skills. Must be confident in representing product, team, department, and studio.
• Process knowledge, attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills. You will be asked to multi-task and prioritize across multiple disciplines (though not always simultaniously).
• Ability to grasp technical knowledge to meet project needs; ability to identify and coordinate in the production group to assist where necessary in meeting project needs Implementing projects in partnership with co-workers, developers.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Experience with Shotgun, Perforce, Jira or other industry standard tasking and version control software
• Knowledge and experience in creation of Motion Capture Cinematics or Game Art Asset production
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams of artists in a dynamic post-production environment to execute the developers needs.
• Experience working with remote outsource partner teams in the above capacities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xben-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.