Front-End Web Developer
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation
Program Manager - San Mateo
Reporting into the Platform & Policy team based within Global Third-Party Relations (GTPR), you will be responsible for developing a program to educate and advise the global Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) organization of the needs and priorities of third-party partners that publish or develop on PlayStation
You will partner with the organization worldwide, working with business, technical and product planning functions, as well as Executive leadership to build a consistent framework for establishing, delivering and tracking the needs of creators in manner appropriate to each business function.
In addition to this, you will work with Account Management to maintain strong business relationships with third-party partners, coordinating all partner engagement across all Global Publisher and Developer Relations (GPDR) and advising the coordination of advisory events or workshop planning as necessary.
• Collaborate with cross-functional leadership and executives to define and implement partner engagement program, drive execution, optimize delivery and provide overall visibility.
• Maintain broad awareness of all business, technical and operational initiatives within the company, supporting leading with defining the strategies and prioritization within the context of partner engagement as and when required.
• Resolve and handle processes for consolidating all threads of partner feedback, resolving methods and metrics for tracking internal progress.
• Ownership of program deliverables including planning of intelligence gathering efforts, such as partner advisory events, summits, and workshops.
• Regular reporting back prioritized outputs and next steps to key internal partners (e.g. PPM) to assist influencing product definition and roadmap.
• Establish and lead a framework for SIE partners to engage with partners, enabling a productive exploration of future product requirements.
• Assist with definition of high-level OKRs relating to outputs gathered via the program intended to guide PlayStation platform and service development.
• Assist Business Planning management with facilitating key executive-tier program forums.
• Collating and supporting the creation of outputs (reports, presentations etc.) to detail program findings, delivered at a regular cadence best suited to partner timelines.
• Regular analysis and review of industry trends and partner satisfaction with the platform and service ecosystem.
• 5 years proven experience as a Program Manager.
• Experience in establishing and developing global, complex programs involving multiple internal and external groups.
• Collaboration skills and confirmed project management ability.
• Motivated, organized self-starter with strong problem-solving capabilities.
• Experience working in or with third-party accounts in the games industry is desirable.
• Extensive games development and publishing knowledge, with an acute awareness of industry trends, challenges, and business models such as Games as a Service or Free to Play.
• Solid understanding of both game and product development lifecycles: software development, release processes, testing / quality assurance.
• Ability to move projects forward with some ambiguity in some instances.
• Exhibit attention to detail, and can make good, timely decisions.
• Proficiency with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Trello.
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills with an assertive approach.
• Strong sense of ownership of process and results.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in SIE.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.