San Diego, CA
Program Manager (Contract position)
San Diego, CA
Are you someone who can excel when presented with sophisticated challenges? At PlayStation, Program Managers lead and are responsible for the successful ongoing execution and delivery of large-scale server side programs while partnering with design, program, product, engineering, business and operational teams. As a Program Manager at PlayStation, you will lead development & operation teams with tactical decisions through deployment on a worldwide scale within our PlayStation platform. The right candidate will possess a strong program management acuity and will have experience leading enterprise-level, agile teams. You thrive and succeed in a collaborative space with a diverse set of globally-distributed partners and team members, and not be hindered by ambiguity or opposing priorities. We strive to provide clear communications and interpersonal agility. We like to have fun while we work and you should too!
• Develop full sprint and product backlogs-including timelines, achievements, results, dependencies, risks, mitigations, success criteria.
• Drive scheduling and work as a Scrum Master at the task level as needed, with overall accountability at the program level.
• Ensure broad socialization of plans and alignment across leadership, partners, the project team, and internal and external partners.
• Provide detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant leaders, partners and stakeholders with clarity.
• Define, execute, and communicate risk management plans with a demeanor towards engaged problem solving.
• Work optimal both independently and in a team-based environment, knowing when to call out issues and prioritize resolution.
• Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in an organization.
• Develop and share standard methodologies across the team.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent required + 3-5 years' experience leading software development or DevOps teams
• Consistent record in program management or technical leadership, with deep knowledge of large-scale enterprise program delivery utilizing agile methodologies.
• Experience working with Big Data, Cloud Storage & Cloud related tools, Data Warehouse, Dev Ops, and AWS is a plus.
• Recognize and communicate blocking issue situations. Excel in conflict resolution and people management.
• Proficiency with tools in agile development (Jira, Portfolio, DataPlane Reports, Big Picture, Confluence, Collaboration apps-like Slack, Google Apps Suite or Office 365, etc...).
• Shown proficiency in Scrum Agile software development, iterative development and release processes.
• Willingness to stress the process, make suggestions and implement changes in your sphere of influence!
• SAFe knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com).
• Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certifications.
• Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony's products, services, and devices.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.