Brand Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Product Copywriter (Contract, 6 month)
Product Copywriter (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Product Copywriters at PlayStation help define the user experience for new and existing PlayStation products, services, and websites, delivering high-quality messaging based on the spec, established style guides, business objectives, and overall UX philosophies. This includes actively participating in and giving constructive feedback in early grooming and design sessions, then driving the process through iteration, partner approval, and handoff to localization.
This position focuses on the interactive experiences in the PlayStation UI, both on the PlayStation 4 console and on our web and mobile platforms. So while we appreciate a good blogger and technical writing, what we're really looking for are strong UX writers with interactive experience.
Our writers have a facility for solving problems from both creative and tactical standpoints. You will juggle multiple products on multiple platforms, often on multiple schedules, making organization a key factor. Social skills are vital, as you will routinely collaborate with engineers, designers, and product owners representing a wide variety of locations and cultural backgrounds. A willingness to make positive contributions to help improve how we do things, from tools to process, is also deeply desired.
• 5+ years professional writing experience, preferably in some combination of interactive, marketing, and technical venues
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven history of meeting deadlines
• Strong ability to write to specification while maintaining proper style/brand voice
• Enthusiastic, organized approach to multi-tasking, with a command of current projects and their statuses
• Able to quickly learn and comfortably work with multiple tools, including proprietary CMS and visual-flow tools, project tracking tools, and inter-office communication tools.
• Able to become an expert on your assigned products, gauge new products and features, and make constructive suggestions that aid in their ideation and development
• Able to be a strong brand advocate who works with diverse teams to achieve business objectives
• Experience with delivering messaging that must be localized into multiple languages
• Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge
• Solid knowledge of design and layout principles
• Willing to enjoy a relaxed office with co-workers who truly enjoy what they do
• Prior experience working in the tech industry
• Interest in new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
• Familiarity with the agile software development process
• Solid knowledge of the video game, movie, and television industries
• Experience working on an ecommerce platform.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22q1m-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.