Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This role can be fully remote or onsite in Playa Vista, CA (when the studio re-opens) with relocation support, if needed.
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Procedural Technical Artist for the development of a new unannounced title!
You're into games – you love playing them and you love making them. And you're half coder and half artist – you get both, you help each understand the other, and you can translate from art to tech and back again, so everyone gets the most out of the tools and knows what to ask for to get awesome art up onto the screen.
• Research, define, improve, and maintain artist pipelines, tools, and workflows.
• Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects.
• Troubleshoot issues; resolve them: invent or build robust, quality technical implementations.
• Work closely with artists to develop procedural systems and improve their workflows.
• Participate in art asset reviews to help identify technical concerns or risks.
• Minimum three years of professional experience in computer-generated art
• Solid understanding of 3D math
• Intimate knowledge of Maya and computer graphics
• Experience in Houdini or procedural asset creation
• Good understanding of algorithm design and of their complexity
• Strong experience with Python, PyQT/PySide
• Experience writing user-facing tools in Python, C# or C++.
• Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
• Understanding of software architecture and design
• Enthusiasm and initiative
• Excellent spoken and written communication
• Able and motivated to work with other team members
• Industry experience working or shipping AAA titles
• Understanding of PBR, HDR, color theory, and/or camera lenses
• Experience with HLSL, GLSL or similar shader languages
• Experience with OpenMaya and Maya plugin development
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbe4v6-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.