Aliso Viejo, CA
Principal Capacity Planner
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Aliso Viejo, CA
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is owning the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
In this critical role, you will support the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure division in driving capacity planning for the PlayStation™Now service. You will partner closely with Engineering and Technical Procurement to develop infrastructure delivery strategies that optimally balances capacity across regions in a cost-effective manner. You enjoy tackling new challenges independently and the sense of accomplishment from pursuing them. Never a dull day, a healthy mix of various projects ensures that the work is both challenging and interesting.
• Serve as the key business partner to provide financial recommendations on cost drivers, capacity utilization, optimizing dark time performance and other metrics
• Communicate with and present plans to management
• Drive short term and long-range capacity planning based on aggregate demand forecasts, create infrastructure delivery roadmaps by region and identify cost reduction and efficiency improvement opportunities
• Partner with Data Center Ops to ensure adequate Power and Space is available globally and define strategies for data center expansion
• Ensure adequate processes and tools are in place to procure and manage hardware in a timely manner
• Build critical cross functional relationships with engineering and supply chain
• Design and implement efficiency metrics and insights to provide guidance to the operations and drive budgeting and business decisions
Skills and Knowledge:
• BA/MS in Finance, Economics, Engineering or a highly analytical field (e.g., Math, and Computer Science). Graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum 8 years progressive experience in roles related to operational planning and strategy
• Ability to work cross-functionally to drive strategic initiatives
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Excellent communication skills and presentation abilities
• Must be able to think strategically and operate effectively at the executive level
• A proven track-record in process re-engineering and optimization
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to build and validate statistical models
• Prior experience in data center, cloud industry or related field is a must
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.