Platform Engineer (DevOps, Kubernetes)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion for meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for a Platform Engineer with proven experience in modern software delivery and loves crafting efficient, flexible and low friction workflows to build, release and deliver software. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us deliver a unique gaming experience to millions of players!
• Development and Implementation of internal Kubernetes platform offering
• Onboarding and Integration of services onto Kubernetes platform.
• Collaborating closely with the Build Platform Team and the Release Engineering Team on release process and automation.
• Improving Reliability, Performance and Feature Set of the Kubernetes Platform based on internal customer needs
• Identifying and diagnosing issues in deployments together with software development teams
• 3-5 years of experience with creating, implementing and executing Software Development Processes.
• Proven knowledge in working with Kubernetes on premise or in hybrid clouds.
Skills & Knowledge
• Ability to support engineers with solving problems in their build, test and release pipelines
• Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Infrastructure
• Experience with Private Cloud and Public Cloud Environments (ideally AWS)
• Strong communication skills.
• Customer-First Thinking
• Experience with Gitlab and its CI runners
• Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple time zones
• High energy and driven to positively impact the business.
• Being a Contributor to Open Source Software is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32neq-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.