The Supply Planning team is responsible for all packaging production and supply of print materials and sits within the European Operations department which manages the distribution of all PlayStation hardware and peripherals, as well as the tracking, production and distribution of all 1st party software products.
Reporting to the European Packaging Manager, the role of the Packaging Planner is to manage Packaging artwork layout and localisation projects and assist in procuring packaging materials for both new releases and reorders.
What you'll be doing:
You are required to keep abreast of all project deadlines and changes to timelines and to provide clear updates on progress. They are responsible for daily liaison with repro agencies and many key internal departments, which may involve supplying artwork to printers, project tracking, asset management, territory liaison and co-ordination and supply of any marketing assets/materials.
The department can be extremely busy during peak times, and as a result requires someone who is highly motivated, enthusiastic, adaptable and well able to manage and work to an array of tight deadlines.
• End-to-end project management of packaging projects, from brief through to localisation, approval and sending to the printer, ensuring all deadlines are kept to whilst adhering to brand and quality guidelines.
• Colour quality press checks
• Provide MRP reports to other teams within Operations.
• Liaison with supply team, warehouses and external suppliers to ensure product delivery dates are agreed in advance and are in line with planned production requirements.
• Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organisation.
• Ensure quality levels for all new components are met – and ensure all inbound deliveries adhere to our requirements be they catalogue or new materials.
• Managing supplier returns with warehouses and ensure on time pick-ups.
• Repro agency
• Ops staff in territories/distributor markets
• SIEE approved Suppliers
• Arvato MRP team/production team, Yusen Warehouse Printers
• Disc manufacturing plant
Internal: Operations Supply Planning Team, Marketing & New Release Team, Creative Services, Localisation, Sales, Finance, IT, Legal, Compliance/Environmental team and local Territory/Distributor Operations Staff
What we're looking for:
• Project Management experience.
• Very good organisation skills – able to prioritise own workload effectively.
• Excellent attention to detail is a key requirement.
• Experience attending press checks at print facilities and approving colour proofs.
• MRP experience ideal.
• Highly proficient communicator – with both excellent written and verbal skills
• Flexible in their approach and thinking – able to adapt easily.
• Previous experience in a print production or reprographics environment
• PC literate – very good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word etc.
• A dynamic, pro-active and enthusiastic outlook is key.
• Excellent communicator – able to change their approach depending on the audience.
• Able to focus on the detail as well as see the big picture when necessary.
• Ability to collate, assimilate and summarise data quickly and succinctly and to provide detailed analysis as needed.
• Knowledge of SAP, Illustrator and InDesign ideal.
• Video games, Media or other FMCG experience.
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• London Allowance (if applicable)
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym/Gym Allowance
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
• Flexible/Hybrid working (FlexModes)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqb3q-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.