Online Safety Specialist- San Mateo
The job of the Online Safety Specialist is to help maintain an enjoyable and safe online environment for the PlayStation community while supporting knowledge sharing and narrative development that amplify safety efforts across the PlayStation Network.
• Analyse PlayStation Safety customer-facing communication touchpoints and strategies, making recommendations for improvements or targeted new initiatives that would serve to better educate players on staying safe online as well as positively impact company critical metrics.
• Reduce repeat-offending among players of all ages via the timely and effective comms strategy, educating the online community on expected behaviours, policies, and available self-serve resolutions
• Serve as editor and lead content creator for the PlayStation Safety Hub, gathering baseline metrics and demonstrating growth over time
• Work with team members to deliver a cadence of safety information to keep partners informed of strategic goals and objectives
• Develop and drive improvements to optimize safety products, moderation tools, operational policies and processes
• Supervise and manage Online Safety important metrics helping to ensure they are met or exceeded
• Reduce CS support costs by improving self-service support, identifying methods to eliminate repeat contacts, and other automation or innovation strategies.
• Become a specialist in moderation and partner concern processes and tools. Assist with processing user-reports sanctions, appeals and resolve moderator-escalation and queries.
• Support the overall Online Safety operating plan and roadmap with sophisticated, business critical initiatives, and critical path coordination
Experience & Skills
• Experience in content moderation, online community moderation, and network safety
• Proven experience producing multimedia content, distilling data into stories that increase awareness and understanding
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Analytical, data-driven approach to problem-solving
• Thorough understanding of consumer behavior and how it can be influenced
• Good awareness of the gaming industry and PlayStation heritage
• Familiarity with different social media channels and understanding of their different audiences
• Ability to work as part of a globally dispersed family of safety specialists and broader partners
• Excellent teammate, with a positive attitude, and fun to work with
• Microsoft office, Google Docs
Note: This role involves potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, and other graphic images.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekox7-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.