PlayStation: San Diego Studio
We will consider mid-level to senior plus professional experience.
We have a great opportunity to join PlayStation Studios. We are seeking a Online Programmer to assist with development and improvement of online systems and tools for the MLB The Show product line. After learning the current online architecture and systems, you will add online features to the game, extend or develop server-side systems and implement groundbreaking features. Your efforts will directly impact the next generation of The Show. If this is you, then you need to come play with us here in sunny San Diego.
• Learn, maintain, and augment existing online code, servers, and tools.
• Collaborate with designers to turn ideas into concrete game features.
• Strong programming skills with C++.
• Familiarity with C#.
• An understanding of Internet communications and associated standard methodologies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
• Ability to write efficient, compact code for systems with limited resources.
• Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Game industry experience preferred.
• Multi-platform development experience (*nix, Windows, gaming console).
• Experience with distributed systems.
• Experience with asynchronous message passing architectures.
• Familiarity with MySQL or other RDBMS.
• Familiarity with cryptography or TLS/SSL.
• Detailed baseball rules understanding.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5jym-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.