Motion Editors (Contract)
Remote - Canada
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge Services with a high likelihood of extension.
This position can be remote for anyone who is currently in the Canada.
The Visual Arts Group, a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation Studios. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams.
Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Our Animation team is currently working on one of many upcoming PS5 titles and are looking for talented, highly motivated and creative motion editors to join our team!
• You will work as part of a team to create animations for both cinematic sequences and in-game content within according to the direction of the client and project.
• You will communicate effectively with supervisors, management, production staff and peers on a daily basis.
• Understand and interpret feedback on all work from supervisors and clients alike.
• Assemble animation scenes and editing motion capture data onto characters, props, and vehicles for integration into in-game engines and/or cinematic sequences.
• While Motionbuilder is the primary software package used, it is not a mandatory skill - experience using Maya Human IK and working with motion capture data is preferred
• Expertise in editing and animating motion capture data: scene assembly, blending motion capture, and looping motions
• Personable as you will work closely with multiple departments, including but not limited to members of Motion Capture, Editorial, Tech Art, Animation Camera Layout, and Production teams
• Ability to follow complex workflows, trouble shoot technical and creative issues, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively
• Be open and available to creating a strong rapport with leads, supervisors, and technical artists to maintain and enhance data quality.
• Keen understanding of animation production pipelines for character animation, motion capture animation, and technical animation.
• Be flexible to changes in direction, yet work within defined procedures.
• Strong aesthetics of character animation and movement.
Additional Desired Skills:
• Understanding of Motionbuilder and/or Maya
• Strong pre-production skills including, but not limited to, animatics, camera layout, and previs.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk97p0-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.