Motion Designer (Contract)
Motion Designer – PlayStation Studios Creative Arts
This is a 6-month contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
The Motion Designer is a key member of the Creative Arts team where you'll get the opportunity to work as part of an internal creative team at one of the world's leading entertainment companies. You'll craft unique concepts for use across a variety of media, from broadcast and digital, to retail and live events. Our team is small but driven, putting an emphasis on quality creativity and storytelling to deliver impactful end products to our clients!
• Understanding and appreciation of storytelling structure and mechanics, and how motion graphics integrate into that structure.
• Demonstrated ability to build dynamic motion graphics packages and elements across a wide array of styles.
• Ability to adapt design style and sensibility to the specific job and characteristics of a particular game or project.
• You'll be a proactive contributor to the creative process from the beginning of a project through delivery.
• Ability to channel and focus your creativity and complete projects under challenging time constraints and deadlines.
• Ability to understand and execute on client feedback and/or team notes to achieve desired end product
• You'll work as part of a small team on both short term and long-term projects.
Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience and expertise with After Effects and 3D software (Maya, Cinema4D).
• Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A demonstrated sense of visual rhythm and sense of composition and style.
• Strong technical and interpersonal skills as you will be a positive, contributing member of the creative team throughout production!
• Experience with Maya, Nuke, Mocha, Syntheyes, Houdini, Blender, and Redshift renderer is a plus.
• Experience with plug-in suites; Trapcode, Sapphire, and Universe is a plus.
• Agency or similar experience preferred.
• An understanding or interest in the video game industry will level up your candidacy!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwv57n-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.