Role: Mobile QA Project Lead (Test Services, PlayStation Studios QA Europe)
Are you an experienced QA Lead with a mobile games background?
We are looking for someone with previous experience performing and coordinating QA activities on mobile platforms (Android & iOS) to join our team. You'll bring your experience and skills in the mobile space to our team and in return you'll have the opportunity to work on the biggest and best games. You will work on ground-breaking hardware and videogames within a large multicultural, multi-region team; helping us drive and build the future of games & games testing.
This role will be based out of our brand new Liverpool City Centre Office with a flexibility to work from home some of the time.
What you'll be doing:
• Contribute to and help establish Mobile Test Strategies and procedures in PlayStation Studios QA
• You will be the main point of contact for testing activities on your assigned projects, presenting clearly to the test team, production, and global partners
• Plan, implement and complete functional testing strategy for your assigned projects
• You will be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and communication of all functional test plans for your assigned projects
• Working alongside the Test Manager & Production to develop and lead the resource plans for your projects. You will also assist the Test Manager in Budget related activities (for example the creation of budgets and communication)
• You will lead testing teams locally as well as coordinating distributed test teams globally
• Contribute towards operational training, development, and performance management to assigned Senior Testers and Testers
• Develop knowledge of QA services and techniques and help drive process improvement and future PlayStation Studio QA service offerings
• Collaborate with your peer group and applicable department teams to promote knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studio QA
• You will support project closure activities, such as gathering & collating feedback and data to create and facilitate project post-mortems
What we are looking for:
• Experience of working in QA Operations or Developer Support
• Excellent Mobile Games testing knowledge
• Good communication, organisational and social skills
• Excellent critical analysis skills
• Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems
• We would love to see your passion for videogames
• Successfully shipped a major title in a QA Lead capacity
• Excellent PlayStation platform knowledge
• Knowledge of PlayStation Studios QA Operations, processes, systems and workflows
• Adept at front line troubleshooting and support
• PC Games testing experience, supporting and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc
• General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing
• Software testing Qualifications (such as ISTQB® Foundation level qualification or higher)
• Proficient in Japanese
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g38bq4-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.