Compliance Test Lead
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Role: Mastering Technician (GFQA)
A role within a close team, processing all Patch, DLC and Game, Demo, Soundtrack, Theme submission types for all regions (SIEE, SIEA, SIE Asia and SIEJ). This position includes database entry, version control and verifying code meets preset standards.
Daily duties would also require answering various requests with very short deadlines from the wider business and both our first and third party partners via DevNet, the GFQA Communication Tracker and email.
Working hours are 8am-7pm, 4 on 4 off shift pattern (currently in Collab/Cover mode) based out of our Liverpool City Centre Office.
This role will be based out of our brand new Liverpool City Centre Office with a flexibility to work from home some of the time.
What you'll be doing:
• Create all applications in readiness for compliance testing (labelling, mastering checks, encryption, etc.).
• Perform Tech checks on all submitted applications.
• Maintain the lowest possible error rate throughout creation and distribution.
• Facilitate the transfer of game code for all PlayStation formats to all testing centres and distribution partners.
• Securely track all applications throughout the test cycle.
• Prepare the maximum number of applications for testing as efficiently as possible, ensuring that applications enter test ahead of slot start date.
• File or destroy all media when the relevant applications are no longer in test.
• Keep the TMDB spreadsheet and collections up to date.
• Keep fully up to date with any new TRCs, test cases, etc. that are relevant to perform the role and alter procedures accordingly.
• Bug Testing.
• Ensure all bugs are identified and thoroughly investigated.
• Ensure all bug information, including classification, is accurately recorded and entered into the database.
• Check existing bugs against newer versions of code.
• Make Supervisor aware of any bugs found.
• Maintain the PlayGo server.
• Liaise with other departments, both domestic and global, whenever necessary and offer any assistance required.
• Assist the Global Format QA Management and Supervisors in any other duties as required.
• Complete allocated work within given timeframes.
• Provide accurate progress updates to direct line manager, when requested.
• Ensure all relevant GFQA procedures are followed.
• Comply with departmental security policy at all times and be alert to any security issues that may occur.
• Ensure company property is correctly treated and report any misuse to direct line manager
Behave in an appropriate manner in the workplace.
What we are looking for:
• Display excellent attention to detail, maintaining diligence and focus for extended periods.
• Be methodical and analytical, displaying excellent problem identification and investigative skills.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
• Be reliable and punctual.
• Flexible attitude towards responsibilities and working hours (four days on, four days off shift is applicable).
• Ability to work on own initiative
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyy2oq-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.