Marketing & Advertising Paralegal
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking a hardworking Paralegal who wants to work on ground breaking tech product development, marketing, IP, and entertainment issues as a member of the PlayStation Legal Clearance Team. This position supports the PlayStation video game products and services. PlayStation offers the opportunity to work in a technology company with an entertainment focus, in a casual environment that provides ambitious legal issues. A good fit will love technology, cutting-edge legal issues and working closely with a team.
• Review video games in development to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable regulations, company standards and industry standards.
• Review packaging, digital store content and marketing materials to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as ESRB Guidelines).
• Review marketing materials for PlayStation Store, video games, and TV and video services.
• Coordinate promotions including:
• Draft sweepstakes and contest rules.
• Draft affidavits and releases.
• Reviewing marketing creative for compliance with promotion laws, company standards and industry standards.
• Perform trademark clearance searches.
• Review of marketing materials for PlayStation network services.
• In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide advice to Marketing and Product Development groups on all topics listed above.
• At least 4 years Intellectual Property, Advertising, Promotions or Entertainment Law Experience in House or at a Law Firm.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Paralegal experience.
• Background in all or some of the following areas: Trademark, Copyright, Promotions, Privacy, Entertainment and Advertising Law.
• Ability to multi-task and optimally assess priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Experience in entertainment industry a plus.
• Experience with technology and video games a plus.
• A sense of humor required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5zbx-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.