Manager, Software QA Engineering
San Francisco, CA
The Software QA Manager will join our Engineering team, part of Experience Technology Group, Sony Interactive Entertainment, and will be responsible for end-to-end QA of PlayStation as Manager, Software QA Engineering.
You will be responsible for overseeing quality engineering of customer-facing applications in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Lead and manage a team of highly technical QA and SDET engineers and be able to guide technical decisions in the team
• Define QA processes and coordinate complex QA activities on the project
• Partner with Automation Architect to implement & adopt the right test automation platform
• Research, identify and adapt appropriate tools and infrastructure
• Improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
• Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering
• Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
• 3+ years of Software QA or Engineering management experience on Web and Mobile platforms and products
• Experience managing onsite and off-site/remote teams with ownership for recruiting and performance management.
• Strong talent development and leadership skills
• Self-motivated, independent, and proactive.
• Solid understanding of QA in Agile methodologies
• Strong dedication to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and project managers across multiple teams
• Ability to lead testing activities and recommend process improvement opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross-functional teams to deliver high quality products
• Highly effective communicator and problem solver
• Willingness to learn and implement new processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkppj-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.