PlayStation is looking for an Engineering Manager for the company's console space in San Francisco* or San Diego, CA. You will lead and manage a diverse team of smart, hardworking quality engineers and drive end-to-end quality of the PlayStation applications experiences that delight our users.
• Lead and manage a technical team of quality engineers and leads
• Define QA processes and coordinate sophisticated QA activities on multiple projects
• Improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
• Act as a strong advocate for test automation and quality in the product development process for software engineering
• Review and manage configurations, builds, branching and deployment issues
• Partner with product and development managers on feature and release prioritization
• Promote continuous development and improvement within your team and broader engineering organization
• Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
• Be a catalyst to promote ''Quality First'' mindset in all engagements internal, and cross-functional
• Enable strong and effective decision making using sound judgment, discretion and timeliness
• Manage HR and Performance aspects of the reportees by engaging in goal setting, and career managements
• 2+ years successful software QA management experience
• 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience in quality engineering best practices, automation, CI/CD, SDLC in agile environment, etc
• 6+ years in the QA field or similar
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
• Experience with tools such as Selenium webdriver, Pytest, Appium, Jenkins, and POSTMAN
• Experience performing REST and API micro services testing;
• Experience applying and implementing best CI/CD practices using Jenkins and Git
• Extensive background in QA methodologies, and experience in writing test strategy, test plans, and test cases, collecting test results and resolving issues
• Dedication to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with design, developers, product and project managers across multiple teams
• Experience evaluating testing gaps and driving solutions to high quality automation to increase test coverage
• Ability to lead testing activities and recommend process improvements for multiple concurrent projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with various multi-functional teams to deliver high quality products
• Experience identifying and driving platform process improvements to reduce the overall defect rate and increase testing efficiency
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, and a desire to solve difficult problems
• Strong talent development and leadership skills
• *Willing and able to travel to San Diego, CA as needed
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjw37e-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.