Manager, Software Development in Test - Audio/Video Technology
San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about high quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure PlayStation software runs smoothly for developers and users? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony PlayStation's SDK development group is looking for a motivated and creative hands-on manager to be responsible for an advanced testing team, who can also develop creative tests and tools to verify PlayStation Audio and Video software's functionality and features.
• You will be responsible for all aspects of managerial responsibilities by managing a team of SDET engineers for day to day PlayStation SDK testing activities.
• Drive staffing and recruitment effort by hiring engineers to grow our agile development engineering culture.
• Organize and lead meetings, knowledge-sharing, and guidance to grow your engineers.
• Work with development teams and partners to develop test strategy and craft test plans, test procedures and test reports.
• Keep up to date with the developments in the latest engineering and technology, including attendance at conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
• Lead the team to build test applications and automation test scripts for all levels of Audio and Video API verification efforts by using C/C++ and Python.
• Lead code reviews and establish coding standards for the best software development.
• Design and build infrastructure for build and test automation. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
• Proficient C/C++ and Python programming experience (2 years min.)
• Shown success in leading software development and/or development testing teams.
• Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent development and debugging tools experience on Windows.
• Prior experience with PlayStation SDK development is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with different Audio and Video standards/technology is desirable for example spatial audio technology.
• Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or BuildBot.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yzje-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.