San Diego, CA
Manager, Global Technical Strategy and Controls
San Diego, CA
The Global Technical Strategy and Controls team owns critical processes for running the PlayStation Network Engineering organization.
You will work closely with senior executives on annual budgets; lead and drive the strategy of a team of technical business analysts who translate highly complex and technical subject matter to clear and rational return on investment's; and develop strategic partnerships with top vendors, including the negotiation of cost and terms for multi-year and multi-million-dollar contracts.
1. Coach, mentor, and develop the careers of a high-functioning team of business analysts and engineers
2. Manage the partnership between Playstation Network Engineering with Corporate Legal, Finance and 3rd party Vendors, ensuring they are successful in their processes
3. Design, run and improve on Technical Strategy and Controls processes
• Financial forecasting - Own annual budgeting and financial forecasting process and monthly reports to Senior Leadership
• Contract management - Partner with Corporate Legal team for contract terms and with Engineering teams for business/SLA terms
• Vendor Management - Provide end-to-end vendor management functions for Engineering organizations
• Develop the vision for and deliver a portfolio of effective dashboards that are scalable, repeatable, and ideally automated
• Risk Management - Manages the identification and evaluation of the organization's risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Control assessment Plan
• Proven track record defining the vision and leading strategic business analysis or business planning teams
• At least 3 years managing and growing a highly effective team
• Excels in communicating and influencing Senior Leaders in business and engineering organizations
• At home with spreadsheets and Business Intelligence tools
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent in Finance / Accounting with complementary technical experience (MBA a plus)
• Minimum 3 years Business Analyst, Vendor Management or similar experience
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.