Manager, BI and Data Science Enablement:
Aliso Viejo, CA
The Future Technology Group [FTG] is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device! As a BI Manager with FTG, you will play a key role in the analytics, BI and data science enablement.
You'll bring passion and expertise to continuously improve the business value that our team provides to data consumers in the organization, providing reports, dashboards, standard methodologies and data science enablement to empower data-driven decisions to the company.
• Budget / Actuals management and communication
• Establish standards for interviewing, hiring, and developing the careers of your growing team.
• Participate in globally distributed, multi-functional teams developing requirements, proposals, assessments and data insights to drive self-service and analytic experience improvements.
• Apply diverse metrics and methods to handle customer expectations, working with teams to build tangible tracking heuristics (KPIs), with clear communication standards for project updates, setbacks, and successes.
• Contribute to an inclusive atmosphere, where team members communicate and support each other's efforts, enabling a light-hearted, inviting, and productive team culture, built upon trust and collaborative problem solving.
• Develop fresh solutions to complex problems that require flexible outcomes, while maintaining existing production SLAs to partners.
• Collaborate with various SIE teams, establishing strong relationships that will aid in delivering team and partner goals.
What will help you be successful?
• You have extensive knowledge of analytics, BI data engineering, and data science enablement.
• Passionate about quality data as a corporate asset.
• Takes initiative and follows through to successful completion.
• Exceptional communication, verbal and written, providing value to customers.
• Facilitate valuable idea exchanges and technical conversations with your team and colleagues.
• These values resonate with you: Innovation, Inclusion, Iteration, Customer-centricity, Acute ownership, Collaboration, Results driven, Accepting failure, Work-life balance
• Communicate goals, expectations and feedback.
• Having a Vision. Being able to see the big picture and the company's goals. Forward planning and critical thinking.
• Developing Talent.
• Continual Learning.
• Communicating empathetically.
• Bonding With Coworkers.
• Mentoring Experience.
• Bachelors Degree or Greater.
• Self-aware and prioritize personal development.
• Encourage critical thinking, innovation, and action.
• Management Experience.
• 7 to 10 years' experience in business intelligence, data analytics and data engineering and data science enablement.
• Experience with SQL and Big Data
• Strong Presentation Skills
• Experience with Data Quality Principles in an EDW Environment
• Executive Presence
Nice to Have:
• Experience with Data Science Workbenches
• Python, R and Statistics
• Cloud certified (AWS or Azure Suites)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmzpqm-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.