Sr. Product Manager, Player Engagement & Social Experiences
San Francisco, CA
Lead Quantitative UX Researcher
San Francisco (SOMA District) or San Diego, CA
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the PlayStation UX Research Team and become a key player in defining the product and design strategy of PlayStation's platforms and services! In this role, you will be leading a broad range of research projects in collaboration with UX Design, Product Management, Engineering, and other partners. You are an upbeat advocate of a user-centered and insights-based approach to product design and development, a strong performer in all aspects of UX Research with an emphasis on quantitative methodologies. Your role is to complement business strategy, advise direction, and help deliver outstanding user experiences. You let your passion shine by consistently advocating for user insights and collaborate with other insights partners to implement the best solutions to user problems. You provide valuable feedback to both peers, and managers and are a model to junior researchers.
Role & Responsibilities:
Be the champion of quantitative Research to drive strategy, roadmap, and delivery of insights and tracking of user behaviors and attitudes.
Conduct end-to-end UX Research - from foundational research to advise product direction, all the way to the concept and testing in the wild.
Translate design goals and strategy into research opportunities.
Be accountable for ensuring research outputs are high quality and meet the established standards and guidelines, and go beyond ''bullet points''.
Be responsible for the work of vendors and researcher partners on large ad-hoc and recurring quantitative research programs.
Coach and mentor researchers toward innovative and creative thinking when approaching research challenges.
Orchestrate initiatives to craft new and evolve existing research methods and processes by staying up-to-date on innovations in the industry and academia.
Lead communication and collaboration with partners, including consumer insights, data science, design, product/program management, etc.
Handle partner agencies and consultants, advising their efforts through clear input and feedback to ensure high-quality outputs that suit the needs of our internal partners.
• Master's degree or PhD degree in Psychology, Social Science, Behavioral Economics, Consumer Research, related field, or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of industry UX Research experience with proven track record of conducting UX Research projects as shown in a portfolio of projects.
• Proficiency in quantitative methods (e.g. survey design and implementation, benchmarking, A/B and multivariate experiments, statistical analysis, modeling, reporting, behavioral analytics, etc.)
• Proficiency in SPSS, R, Python, or similar modeling language.
• A robust understanding of industry-standard research methods including ethnographic methods (e.g., in-depth interview, group interviews), evaluative methods (e.g., concept testing, in-lab/remote usability testing, tree testing, etc.)
• Thought leadership in UX research – has given talks, published papers that influenced and promoted the field of UX.
• Extensive experience providing deep insights through compelling visualization and storytelling through data. A keen eye for distilling data in enticing outputs such as Infographics, User Personas, Mental Model Maps, Experience Maps, User-flows, etc.
• Passion for translating findings into strategic business recommendations
• Experience mentoring or leading researchers on high-profile programs and projects.
• Strong capacity to build and sustain internal and external partnerships.
• Knowledge of, and passion for the gaming, media, and software industries is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n626-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.