Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Lead Product Designer - Social & Community Experiences
Who is a Lead Product Designer at PlayStation?
You are a natural mentor, a collaborator and a team leader. You are able to drive and inspire your team to deliver ground breaking models, simple, thoughtful interaction and creative, elegant designs. You are confident in your pursuit of innovation and ability to bring others to your vision. You see complex problems as the beginning of simple solutions. You think at an ecosystem level and system level. You have excellent intuition but also understand the performance and business implications of your decisions.
You are excited to craft the experience of millions of users in one of the world's largest game and content distribution channels. You will work hand in hand with a cross-functional team of best-in-class Art Directors, Designers, Engineers, Creative Technologists and Business Partners to ideate, communicate and define our product experiences.
You will join our team in the heart of San Francisco's SOMA district and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization and explore state-of-the-art concepts and technology.
Join us. Be Epic!
What We Need You to Do
• Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand, products and services.
• Advance the overall quality and understanding of design thinking and execution across the team, while advocating for a User-Centered Design process.
• Mentor, lead and inspire designers to achieve outstanding work and innovative product ideas based on research and insights.
• Provide clear direction and timely feedback to the teams to ensure we keep moving forward on schedule.
• Maintain a forward understanding of design and technology trends and standard methodologies.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, and Research in high-level strategic decisions to drive outstanding, innovative product designs and User Experience
• Actively contribute as a designer on products
• Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment
What you bring
• BA/BS in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years of experience in a management or leadership role leading teams in interface, application and web design.
• 7+ demonstrated ability building user-centered interactive designs.
• A strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful, simple and intuitive interactions as well as spectacular visuals, with outstanding motion, across various contexts: large-scale digital experiences, websites, mobile applications, etc.
• Excellent communication, presentation, analytical skills, and able to clearly articulate your concepts and their rationale.
• Experience with design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) for wireframing and high-fidelity mockups.
• Enjoy participating in user testing, heuristic analysis, research, contextual interviews, competitive and analogous research to help craft, guide and refine ground-breaking design solutions.
• Ability to work, expand, and improve existing design systems/components.
• Experience working for top brands/products a plus.
• Experience working with decentralized, large/global teams a plus.
• Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus.
• Bonus: You have a passion for gaming.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj07o-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.