Jr. Community Manager – San Diego Studio: MLB The Show
San Diego, CA
''The crack of the bat, the play by play from the announcer and the roar of the crowd are the sounds that we have all come to associate with a day at the ballpark! Bringing these same sounds to MLB The Show in the most realist fashion possible is just one aspect of the game that has helped to make it the top selling baseball game series that we've all come to know and enjoy. If you would like to be a part of the team that brings these sounds to best baseball game around, then this is your chance! San Diego Studio, maker of MLB The Show, is looking to add a Junior Community Manager to our All-Star line-up….''
We are looking for a Junior Community Manager to join our award-winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects, specifically San Diego Studio. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Junior Community Manager, collaborating with our community experience and game development teams, creating sonically rich content that pushes the industry quality bar.
• Be an integral part of a team that advocates on behalf of the community, ensuring development priorities are informed of player needs and sentiment.
• Monitor discussion within the community, help identify discussion patterns, common player issues, and brainstorm solutions.
• Communicate directly with players and fans, building strong relationships and maintaining a visible external presence through verified communication channels (forums, etc.).
• Contribute to planning and curating external and internal messaging regarding community related initiatives and game updates (patch notes).
• Facilitate creating, planning, tracking & executing community-facing initiatives, programs, and events utilizing agile and project management methodologies.
• Coordinate with production and web development teams to plan, track & develop community website features (forums, content systems, etc.).
• Identify and brainstorm solutions for breaking down barriers between our players and our product and studio.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related fields or equivalent work experience.
• A passion for video games and gaming communities.
• A fan of baseball who can talk to and understand other baseball fans.
• Effective communication skills required.
• Interpersonal skills – Friendliness and diplomacy.
• Ability to work as a team for mutual benefit.
• Understanding the day-to-day needs and emotions of our players.
• Must solve routine problems effectively and react with appropriate urgency and level-headedness to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
• Familiarity of video game development.
• The ability to interact professionally and diplomatically through multiple groups is necessary.
• Must be able to define and execute event and promotions strategies in the context of an online community.
• Experience with effectively allocating resources to ensure completion of plans.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvy6k7-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.