IT Support Specialist (Contract)
San Mateo, CA
Please note, this is a temporary position through our staffing partner, Yoh. The length of contract is 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
Sony PlayStation is looking for a passionate IT Support Specialist, responsible for the consistent delivery of outstanding IT support at PlayStation headquarters, in San Mateo. This is a temporary work from home situation with some on premises hands on work in an empty office.
In this role, you will work through customer concerns and ad-hoc IT projects with a focus on raising the bar on quality of service. This is a customer service role and fundamental to its success is building and maintaining support relationships with internal business teams, promoting trust, setting expectations, and achieving mastery in customer service. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
• Process weekly new hire tasks and conduct remote IT orientations.
• Process weekly exits and work closely with asset management team.
• Provide technical support on incoming hardware/software issues and service requests.
• Ensure timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved.
• Address high priority issues quickly and thoroughly.
• Provide direct support for Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints. Ensuring they are up-to-date and complaint with corporate IT standards.
• Assists in providing root cause analysis and resolutions to trending end user issues.
• Create and maintain internal KB documentations with an attention to detail.
• Ensure accurate update to inventory and asset management system.
• On-call assignments required to deftly support our global 24/7 business operations.
• May need to travel to San Francisco to assist with specialized projects as needed.
• At least 3 years of on-site desktop support and customer service support experience.
• At least 1 year of hands-on Executive Level Support.
• Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Must have proven experience with Windows 10 and MacOS, especially in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with supporting mobile devices (iOS and Android) under MDM solution.
• Experience supporting cloud-based IT environment (Google Apps, Box, SAP, Okta …etc.).
• Experience supporting standard desktop applications (MS Office, Office 365, Anti-virus …etc.).
• Experience supporting/troubleshooting in a SCCM and JAMF environment.
• Experience with enterprise ticketing systems (Service Now, Remedy, JIRA, Salesforce…etc.)
• Strong understanding of Active Directory user and Exchange mailbox administration.
• Hardware troubleshooting experience with Laptops, Desktops, and Network Printers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms when vital.
• Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated, and able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as the need arises.
• Ability to move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71178-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.