IT Support Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation in San Mateo is looking for a hardworking computer enthusiast to help support our game development studio. Our ideal applicant needs to love gaming, building custom PC's and helping your coworkers hurdle seemingly difficult IT obstacles so PlayStation can continue to be the best place to play. It's not an easy job, you'll be constantly challenged and be encouraged to solve some astonishing desktop support problems. If you're looking to gain some IT experience, join our team to level up!
The IT Support Specialist will support users and systems located at our San Mateo, California office. This position will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day desktop management. In addition, applicant must be experienced working remotely and supporting users in their home. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years with IT helpdesk experience. This person must excel in customer service, collaboration and thrive in a fast-pace, cutting-edge environment.
This is a temporary work from home situation with some on premises hands on work in an empty office. The applicant will work from the office when the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
• Must have proven experience with the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows, and some MacOS & Linux.
• Install and configure hardware, operating systems, and application software on desktops and laptops running Microsoft Windows and MacOS.
• Familiar with supporting iOS, iPadOS, and Android mobile devices.
• Hardware troubleshooting, part replacement, system upgrades, shipping and receiving, and coordination with employees for equipment pickups.
• Respond to end user requests via chat, email, tickets, phone. Quickly identify, research, and resolve issues.
• Must be familiar supporting users remotely using tools such as Slack, WebEx, Teams, and more.
• Keep computer operating systems updated in compliance with Sony InfoSec standards.
• Participate and collaborate with peers locally and across Sony to help complete larger projects.
• Handle desktop protection utilities and provide immediate response to outbreaks and new security incidents.
• Run Active Directory domain user and computer accounts.
• Manage inventory of software licenses and hardware assets.
• Configure and maintain Windows Servers.
• Windows image creation and automated deployments of desktop and server operating systems.
• Document standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training.
• Be available off hours for scheduled maintenance, critical update releases, and physical office moves.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• At least 3 years of IT experience working for a high tech company, preferably in multimedia or entertainment.
• Excellent and proven verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong sense of urgency, self-motivation, and work ethic. Phenomenal customer service skills. Friendly and eager to learn.
• Ability to detail system build procedures, and process workflow related user support and system administration including setup and delivery of new equipment, installing software and related patches.
• Must have a solid grasp of PC client workstation/server hardware, operating systems, applications, development consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Mac and Mac specific software.
• Understanding of current hardware standards and future hardware releases. Strong Windows OS background through Windows 10. Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, Visual Studio, Maya, Photoshop a giant plus. Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools. Basic understanding of server side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
• Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, as well as network hardware.
• Knowledge of windows deployment solutions such as Windows Deployment Server (WDS), Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK), and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
• Working as a great teammate to deliver projects on time.
• Demonstrated success in a helpdesk or service oriented structure, having knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nxby-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.