IT Quality Assurance Analyst II
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an IT Quality Assurance Analyst II to work with the Enterprise Applications team which coordinates the SIE Intranet, develops custom applications and workflows for revenue-generating business units, and trains SIE staff on the use of our applications such as ServiceNow, Confluence, JIRA, Salesforce and several others.
We are looking for a candidate who will be challenged to build a level of expertise in potentially any of the aforementioned applications, including a suite of AWS custom apps. Candidates will perform functional and non-functional testing against developed solutions within the application, which includes test case creation, test case execution, bug tracking, and automated scripting. Ideal candidates have a strong desire to build in-depth technical knowledge, display good interpersonal skills and are effective within the scope of the software testing life cycle.
• Lead all QA efforts within assigned area while staying aligned with SIE's processes and practices.
• Chip in to the improvement of QA team processes and be proactive in efforts for innovation on the team.
• Build an authority level understanding of integrations, processes and flows of the QA workflow for creation of test cases, execution, reporting and bug tracking.
• Configure and run automated test scripts for ServiceNow using the application's built-in tool Automated Test Framework.
• Build and run both manual and automated API tests.
• Refactor existing test automation scripts.
• Assist in improvement of the existing automation testing framework.
• Track all testing efforts in the test case management application, qTest.
• Create test cases based on acceptance criteria, perform manual test execution and log test execution results.
• Submit defects based on failed tests and track them.
• Perform various types of testing dependent on the circumstance, including Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Acceptance testing, Performance testing and Load testing.
• Provide insight for improving acceptable criteria, to help bridge the gap between the business customers and developers.
• Optimally handle workload and follow standard processes within the team, which records work in JIRA while using Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise (SAFe).
• B.S. Degree
• 5+ years of QA testing and support experience in an agile environment.
• Experience with API testing and associated tools, such as Postman.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong analytical abilities, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of the methodologies and processes used in crafting, constructing, testing, implementing, and optimizing web applications.
• Experience with using GitHub for version control.
• Object-oriented test automation experience with one or more of the following tools: Selenium, Puppeteer, Playwright, Maven, NPM, Cucumber Gherkin, Mocha, Chai, Sauce Labs, Jenkins.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8bnx-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.