IT Client Platform Engineer
Remote / Virtual
IT Client Platform Engineer (Windows)
IT Client Platform Engineer
San Diego, CA
PlayStation is looking for a passionate and hardworking engineer to join our IT department within our Client Platform Engineering group. This team is responsible for the management and maintenance of all the client endpoints across our global environment, along with its associated systems management tools, and is heavily focused on automation, reliability, security, and user experience. In this role you will be working closely with other team members, departments, and sometimes vendors to discuss projects and implement solutions.
• Design, build, document, deploy, and support ongoing automation of client endpoint environment
• Support and manage Windows, iOS, and Android endpoints
• Research, design, implement, and iterate on engineering solutions
• Propose recommended solutions for improving the functionality, security, efficiency, reliability, utilization, or effectiveness of systems and process
• Reduce vulnerabilities and drive systems into compliance, through automation and manual remediation
• Proactively stay on top of industry trends and look for ways to effectively apply them to our environment
• Monitor and resolve escalated requests for support
• Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies
• Perform other duties as necessary or as the need arises
• Two or more years of engineering experience, managing more than 1,000 endpoints in an enterprise environment
• A history of crafting and presenting solutions to multi-faceted challenges
• Strong proficiency & working knowledge in one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, python, ruby, etc.
• Experience using and managing Windows 10 1809 or newer
• Experience packaging applications and crafting custom solutions
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience with MDM and systems management software (SCCM, Intune)
• Extensive background in automating solutions
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience crafting, sharing, and detailing processes and solutions
• Ability to travel as the need arises and work remotely if required
• Experience building and deploying security controls (CIS Benchmark Controls)
• Experience with user and client authentication (Active Directory, Cloud IdPs)
• Experience deploying, managing, and removing software
• Experience with modern hardware provisioning practices such as zero-touch
• Experience supporting customers and client endpoints
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.