Role: IT Business Partner
The IT Business Partner role is a new role within the Technical Project Management office and will be a combination of business relationship management and project management focusing on working with the Infosec team. The role will be responsible for understanding the Infosec teams technical requirements, understanding how that translates into a portfolio, working with them on the projects and also coordinating with other project managers as required to ensure success delivery of the infosec portfolio.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead and cultivate the organisation's relationship with internal customers, IT Leadership, PMO and Technical teams to identify, prioritise, and quantify key business drivers and understand how our solutions will help customers meet their strategic objectives.
• Drive the overall direction and management of global IT projects individually or through designated Project Managers, ensuring adherence to department standard processes and procedures. Guide the project team through the profiling and analysis of projects to identify and plan for services that must be provided.
• Deliver large, very complex, globally impacting programs and projects which may last several years. These projects may involve highly complex interrelationships within the organisation.
• Work with Project Managers in the Project Management Office through the project life cycle. Provide daily oversight of activities and results.
• Assist the PM Team in establishing policies and guidelines
What we are looking for:
• PEOPLE: Demonstrated success as a senior-level Project Manager and/or Business Relationship manager, showing a track record of delivering large, complex projects/programs under budget and on schedule while connecting technical execution with customer strategies. Strong communication, leadership, facilitation, mentoring and personnel management skills, especially in a matrix organisation. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people at all levels. Empathy for the customer and understanding of customer service approaches. Ability to build teams and motivate individuals and groups. Strong English language verbal presentation and written communication skills, with an understanding of cross-cultural issues sufficient to tailor the language and scope of communication depending upon the recipient's target country. (Ex., European versus Japanese versus American). Bi-lingual in Japanese desired but not required.
• PROCESS: Must have knowledge of industry standard methodologies for project management, software engineering and business processes, such as: Project Management Institute methodology (PMI's PMBOK), Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) or Agile Project Management. Desire to learn new management philosophies and strategies.
• TECHNICAL: Strong technical writing and documentation skills. Must have computer science knowledge adequate to understand and communicate interactions among sophisticated computer systems in business terms. Ability to analyse business requirements and translate those into services or solutions and develop associated plans for delivery. Ability to express sophisticated technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to diverse groups of people. Proficient in MS Visio, MS-Project or Project Server, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• PLANNING/IMPLEMENTATION: Handle multiple tasks. Work independently and deliver a consistent high level of performance. Develop practical responses to issues where there is no clear precedent. Build and maintain project plans and budgets, and run in concert with line management to deliver projects on time and on budget. 6-10 years of project management experience.
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• BUPA Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• London Allowance (if applicable)
• 25 days holiday per year
• On site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
• Free eye test and glasses voucher
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Competitive Pension
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxv2qj-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.