Internal Audit Manager
San Mateo, CA (Collab)
SIE are currently seeking a talented and highly motivated Internal Audit Manager to join their Risk & Control Department Internal Audit & Risk function in San Mateo, California. Opportunities to travel may become available and candidates should be willing to travel up to 20% globally.
The right candidate will possess a strong project management background and succeed in a collaborative environment.
The primary duties of the role focus on working with Internal Audit Leadership and SIE business stakeholders to develop and deliver the global annual audit plan for SIE. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of work in which they will be expected to plan, lead and report internal audits to a high standard and in a timely manner. On any given engagement you could be working with colleagues in US, Europe and / or Japan or working independently, liaising closely with the department Director and VP
What you'll be doing:
• Be the ''person on the ground'' in San Mateo, representing the department locally as needed as well as building and growing our brand.
• Work closely with Internal Audit Leadership to roll out the department strategy and initiatives
• Liaise with other assurance groups across SIE or Sony, as necessary.
• Enhance audit proficiencies through applying appropriate standards, methodologies and processes, and streamlining internal audit workflow.
• Support and be a key driver of the development of Audit and Risk within a forward-thinking organization.
• Track and measure output against KPIs and implementation of improvements across the team.
• Up to 20% travel globally.
• Complete audits (planning, fieldwork, reporting of financial and operational audits) autonomously (to a high standard and with minimal assistance) and / or as part of a team.
• Lead a team directly if / as needed . Great management and interpersonal skills.
• Review workpapers of other team members, as needed.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with senior management across the business.
• A key person in preparation of materials and attending / presenting at Executive / Senior Leadership meetings.
• Maintenance of the SIE Audit Universe and responsible for proposing areas for audit for the annual audit plan.
• Provide stakeholders with sound advice of how the risk and control framework may be managed.
• Interviewing and hiring of internal audit resources, as needed; short-term (interim) or full time (permanent).
• Management of co-sourced audits / consultants.
• Audit finding management including tracking and follow up.
• Conduct ad-hoc investigations and projects as required.
• Positively support knowledge sharing and thought leadership within the function and external networks. Build a strong network and relationships to facilitate career development either within internal audit or in the wider organization.
• Assist with financial controls testing or reviews, if needed.
• A recognized audit qualification, such as ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIA.
• Minimum 8 years' experience required in Internal / External Audit;
• Previous media, gaming or electronics industry experience an advantage, but not vital.
• Knowledge of PlayStation products and strong passion to work in the gaming industry a huge plus.
• Audit experience in entertainment and / or software industry an asset, but not necessary. Operational auditing experience preferred.
• The ability to work autonomously and complete tasks to a high standard, whilst managing your time successfully.
• A high degree of responsibility and the ability to balance multiple commitments, handle competing priorities
• Data analytics skills including data quality and data cleansing techniques are essential. Data-led auditing a requirement.
• Experience working in a large enterprise business with diverse business functions and regions.
• Experience presenting at senior level meetings required.
• An inquiring mind, be approachable, receptive to new ideas and be able to use their questioning nature and judgement to get to the root cause of issues that area identified.
• Innovative thinker who can contribute to best practice within large scale enterprise.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including presenting complex and sensitive issues to senior management and other stakeholders.
• Experience auditing the following areas are an asset, but not a requirement: digital commerce / online retail, royalties, supply chain, security and logistics, intellectual property, retail organizations, including commercial incentives such as rebates, price protection and co-operative marketing, media vendors / agencies
• Experience performing investigations and dealing with sensitive matters.
• The ability to build good working relationship with senior management and other stakeholders across the core divisions of the company.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$125,400 - $188,200 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz3o2-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.