Software Engineering Manager
San Mateo, CA
Head of Mobile, PlayStation Studios, SIE
San Mateo, CA
or Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation Studios is home to Sony Interactive Entertainment's own outstanding and immersive games, including some of the most popular and critically acclaimed titles in entertainment history.
Through a global network of owned studios and collaborations with talented independent developers, PlayStation Studios brings an unparalleled level of quality and artistry to gaming. Our teams constantly strive to push the boundaries of technology, storytelling and innovation in order to deliver memorable experiences for every PlayStation fan.
Do you want to lead the development and strategy of mobile gaming and help shape the future of gaming for a world-class studio? As Head of Mobile, you will own and develop the mobile games strategy for PlayStation Studios and help build a foundation for future growth opportunities. You will lead all aspects of the expansion of our game development from consoles and PCs to mobile & Live Services with a focus on successfully adapting PlayStation's most popular franchises for mobile. You will be responsible for building and scaling a team of mobile leaders and will serve as the Head of this new business unit within PlayStation Studios.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
• As the business unit leader, you will promote the vision, mission, strategy for mobile game development within PlayStation Studios and be responsible for driving the business unit commercial success and profitability.
• Build and execute against a mobile 3-5yr business plan, outlining growth targets, resources needs & KPI's
• Partner with PlayStation Studios Leadership Team to develop mobile product roadmap for a 3-5-year time frame.
• Build and scale multiple game teams and product leaders to deliver against future title plans.
• Partner with the Corporate Development Team to drive M&A strategy in-line with long range plans.
• Manage existing mobile slate already in development while delivering against revenue and profitability goals.
• Build out capabilities in mobile live operations in partnership with technology, operations, studio, analytics, and customer service teams.
• Partner with central publishing teams to develop capabilities in-line with new mobile games commercial strategy.
• Highly experienced executive with a history of strategy development & leadership
• Experience in building, growing, and running mobile operations
• Experience in translating IP into game property, console, or mobile
• Over 15 years of experience in a business function [Strategy, Product, Brand]
• Experience in the gaming or entertainment industry preferred
• MBA preferred
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.