Global Business Development Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Manager will be a member of the Global Business Development (GBD) team at Sony Interactive Entertainment and help drive business development activities across the PlayStation platform.
The Global Business Development Manager will be responsible for working within the team to identify and generate new insights that support senior leadership to make business and strategy decision related to current and future PlayStation Platform initiatives and align those activities with business priorities. This includes working with the team to support development of new and ongoing strategies backed up with internal and external data, understanding of markets conditions and creation of the overall strategic platform alliances plan.
You will coordinate new third-party partnership deal opportunities from initiation, negotiation, closing and continued account management. Internally championing projects, developing financial models and strategic frameworks for deal analysis, and ensuring successful launches.
You will work closely with Legal, Sales, Marketing, R&D, Project Management, PR, Developer Support, Finance and Product Planning groups to define partner revenue generation and co-marketing strategies and lead all aspects of implementation.
You will participate in the development and ongoing refinement of the overall PlayStation non-game media services strategy globally in conjunction with other internal groups.
The Global Business Development Manager is a crucial member of the team and aids in the day-to-day management of the Global Business Development department, lead and facilitate meetings, perform analysis of problems, performance, and metrics, and be able to educate parts of the organization on standard methodologies and key industry market/technology indicators.
• Identify and execute global opportunities to drive engagement and revenue growth on PlayStation for Platform Integrated Partners (YouTube, Twitch, Spotify, etc.), including: (1) forging new partnerships and business models, (2) coming up with compelling partner offers and bundles that we can market exclusively to PlayStation users, and (3) helping drive Sony's advertising and content strategy
• Work closely and collaboratively with internal marketing teams, research, product marketing, project management, engineering, product planning and legal to coordinate and execute premium app partners' programs/opportunities
• Collaborate with the team to develop a strategic roadmap encompassing consumer needs, partnerships, and industry trends
• Work closely and collaboratively with the team to provide a long-term perspective on competitive landscape and companies of interest to support business strategies and PlayStation Platform initiatives
• Maintain relationships with Platform Integrated Partners pre and post-closing of deals
• Craft business terms and take leadership role in deal negotiations
• Define business models for new product opportunities and develop business case and implementation plans
• Develop robust financial models for deal analysis to resolve structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations for launching new services
• Identify and research emerging market trends, develop strategic frameworks and create supporting analyses to prioritize company resources
• Present business proposals and updates to partners up to the Executive level
• Develop and report on important metrics relative to the Business Development activities
• Schedule and drive quarterly reviews with top tier partners for various revenue generating and marketing engagements
• Identify and develop partner roadmap, opportunities from concept/ideation into robust business cases to deliver industry leading curated app content for PlayStation gamers
• Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various research sources and forecast methodologies.
• BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
• 4+ years proven experience overall
• Outstanding relationship skills, including the ability to work with international teams
• Experience in digital media, Internet, technology or gaming industries preferred
• Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms and types of content
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including data analysis and financial modeling
• Prior experience within digital media, technology, gaming, consulting or investment banking is a plus
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
• Strong digital literacy, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Interest in music, video, and gaming
• Great teammate with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yvpy-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.