Global Business Development Manager
Los Angeles, CA or San Mateo, CA
The Manager will be a member of the Global Business Development (GBD) team at Sony Interactive Entertainment and help drive business development activities across the PlayStation platform.
You will oversee new third-party partnership deal opportunities from initiation, negotiation, closing and continued account management. Internally championing projects, developing financial models and strategic frameworks for deal analysis, and ensuring successful launches.
You will work closely with Legal, Sales, Marketing, R&D, Project Management, PR, Developer Support, Finance and Product Planning groups to define partner revenue generation and co-marketing strategies and oversee implementation.
You will participate in the development and ongoing refinement of the overall PlayStation non-game media services strategy globally in conjunction with other internal groups.
• Identify and execute global opportunities to drive engagement and revenue growth on PlayStation for media services and apps, including:
• Forging new partnerships and business models,
• Coming up with compelling partner offers and bundles that we can market exclusively to PlayStation users, and (3) helping drive Sony's advertising and content strategy
• Work closely and collaboratively with internal marketing teams, research, product marketing, project management, engineering, product planning and legal to coordinate and execute premium app partners' programs/opportunities
• Evaluate potential media service partners to improve overall consumer value proposition and user experience on PlayStation
• Handle relationships with media and technology partners pre and post-closing of deals
• Craft business terms and take leadership role in deal negotiations
• Define business models for new product opportunities and develop business case and implementation plans
• Develop robust financial models for deal analysis to determine structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations for launching new services
• Identify and research emerging market trends, develop strategic frameworks and build supporting analyses to prioritize company resources
• Present business proposals and updates to stakeholders up to the Executive level
• Develop and report on KPI's relative to the Business Development activities
• Schedule and drive quarterly reviews with premium app partners for various revenue generating and marketing engagements
• Identify and develop partner roadmap, opportunities from concept/ideation into robust business cases to deliver industry leading curated app content for PlayStation gamers
• Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various research sources and forecast methodologies.
• BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
• 4+ years of proven experience
• Outstanding relationship skills, including the ability to work with international teams
• Experience in digital media, Internet, technology or gaming industries preferred
• Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms and types of content
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including data analysis and financial modeling
• Prior experience within digital media, technology, gaming, consulting or investment banking is a plus
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
• Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy79e0-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.