Work with PlayStation Studios to build and ship AAA live service experiences. As a member of the publishing arm, you will be working with a wide array of developers and products, assisting the core development teams with live service design and overarching service strategy, monetization and economy design, content design and strategy, and general design support.
• Assist in the planning, documentation, and design of various monetization and game economy elements, live service experiences, live operation strategies, and general experiential design for a wide array of experiences
• Provide design analysis that generates recommendations for live service elements, monetization and economy, and game loop
• Generate designs, documentation, and recommendations for products throughout all phases of the production and development process, including through launch
• Research and benchmark competitive products to provide insights – strengths, weaknesses, design analysis, etc – in order to provide guidance and/or highlight opportunities that exist
• Work with core development teams and other publishing partners -- marketing, analytics, customer service, community management, etc -- in the planning and execution of various live service initiatives
• Coordinate with publishing partners to help facilitate the core development team's needs
• Collaborate with publishing partners to help evangelize and expand the organization's broader understanding and knowledge with live service operations
Requirements & Skills:
• Experience with game monetization and/or economy design, live service design, and/or systems design
• Bonus: Building any of the aforementioned systems from the ground up
• Ability to understand, conceptualize, and improve the design of game systems/features/mechanics
• Ability to provide design analysis and recommendations that help shape the overall direction of the product
• Experience collaborating with other partners -- e.g. analytics, UX teams, business units, user research, etc. -- that are essential to delivering an exceptional live service experience
• Able to communicate effectively via numerous mediums (verbally, written, interpersonal, design documents, etc.)
• Strong sense of what makes a fun and compelling game system
• Strong, foundational, design knowledge and problem solving skills
• Passionate and knowledgeable about games with deep experiences across a wide range of games and genres
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$44 - $65 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r78xq9-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.