Senior Gameplay Programmer
San Diego, CA
Front End Game Programmer
San Diego Studio
We have an exciting opportunity to join our San Diego Studios team here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation! We seek a Front End Programmer proficient with C++, C# and game programming to develop and optimize our MLB - The Show product line for the PS4.
• Designing and implementing low level systems to support higher-level programmers and pipelines (examples: Save Data, Trophy System, TRC requirements, etc...).
• Designing and implementing systems and tools to support designer and artist needs.
• Helping maintain and improve existing systems.
• Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
• Follow coding standards and best practices
• Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
• As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements.
• Testing and debugging of your code and that of others past and present.
• Minimum of 4 years game industry programming experience.
• Expertise in C++, C#, and console game development.
• Developed and shipped several games on consoles
• Self-motivated with good communication skills.
• Able and motivated to work with other team members.
• Commitment to code quality, and sound testing procedures.
• Experience with multi-threaded systems a plus
• Experience with user interface tools / techniques a plus
• Knowledge of baseball rules and strategies a plus.
• S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.