San Mateo, CA or San Diego, CA
PlayStation Studios Finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the team. As the finance business partner you will focus on planning, reporting, ensuring alignment with overall strategy and direction. Our ideal team member brings knowledge of and experience in gaming industry or having come from an activity-based environment where costs are allocated to product.
You are not afraid to question current practices and seek business improvement(s) where possible. You face challenges with optimism and are always looking for ways to be helpful and improve the team.
Primary Purpose of Job
You will be part of the Central PlayStation Studios Finance group, reporting to the Senior FP&A Manager. This role is responsible for Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis for global service groups, covering areas such as Creative Arts, Quality Assurance, Localization and User Testing, and other Engineering groups.
• Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting for certain support group subject areas
• Develop and produce regular and ad-hoc reports in order to appraise performance and support decision making at various levels of management.
• Act as a business partner for service group department leads
• Perform critical analysis of departmental performance through analysis of important metrics
• Monitor capacity utilization and cost allocation reporting for service groups and assist with initiatives to improve allocation rates
• Partner closely with key regional department representatives and finance staff, developing proven understanding of regional accounting practices and ensuring timelines and results are met.
• Assist in the development and execution of group-wide initiatives
• Minimum 3 years' experience working in a financial environment with involvement in management reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
• Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel (pivots, sumifs, vlookups etc).
• Be versatile, working with large volumes of data.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new processes and technologies.
• Personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Strong communication skills (both speaking and listening)
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Self-starter with ability to work in a fluid environment.
• Interest in Games and passion for the Game industry
• Experienced in SAP, Oracle or other accounting packages.
• Collaborative worker in cross functional/regional teams.
• ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA qualification
• Prior work experience in Game Industry or Media & Entertainment.
• Exposure to OLAP planning applications such as Planning Analytics
• Previous experience in report building with Cognos Analytics or a similar Business Intelligence tool (e.g. SAP BW, Business Objects).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3nx4-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.