The position will handle financial running for the day to day running activities of the PlayStation's Direct business.
The role is accountable for the alignment of financial control across the PlayStation Direct business across European region. And aligning processes with Global regions.
Accountable for creating and leading new and existing financial processes to support the ever-expanding PlayStation Direct business models in a fast-paced business;
Accountable for the effective financial operation of all the transactions and accounting flows within the PlayStation Direct business; and
Accountable for production of the monthly results for the PlayStation direct business as well as aligning the output with our Financial Planning and Analysis teams in Europe.
What you'll be doing:
• Monitoring and maintenance of the financial interface for PSD. Initiating changes where required and clearing errors and misalignments.
• Review and ensure proper calculations, margin consistencies, and proper liability accrual bookings and payments for PSD.
• Establish good working relationships with many internal contacts at all levels and (in Finance and the business) maintain effective communications for any financial inquiries
• Work with financial teams who all have an input into the running of the PSD business. Stock accounting, operations AP, AR and the Digital network team.
• Work closely with FP&A, Corporate Planning, and digital business planning teams to assist with forecast and budget for all associated revenues and costs based on actuals reporting
• Key role in working with the Business and Finance Systems teams to ensure accounting transactions are recorded in a timely, consistent manner and are accurate within IFRS guidelines
• Interpret reports and records for stakeholders and communicate with internal/external groups for sales or Stock related issues
• Review and analyse monthly financial results with management and Finance teams
• Month end close responsibilities encompassing journal entries, account reconciliation, and balance sheet schedules
• Work with PwC external auditors and internal audit to ensure compliance for statutory audits and SOX
• Ad hoc projects and other miscellaneous accounting functions
What we're looking for:
• Qualified Accountant preferably with 3 + relevant PQE or 10+ years' experience gained in relevant roles with good understanding of general ledger, statutory books, systems, and month end close process.
• Solid foundation in GAAP/IFRS, with excellent working knowledge of Direct to consumer, and stock accounting.
• Demonstrated skills in understanding of the trial balance, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
• Strong oral communication skills and analytical skills
• Possess integrity and accountability and strong work ethic
• Ability to take initiative and provide direction to others. Organised self-starter, with drive and ambition to quickly make an impact within an evolving business.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Experience with SAP and BW preferred
• Proven track record of similar roles/tasks in Global / Pan regional company in one of the below sectors: -
• Online services & E-commerce
• Entertainment business (Game/Film/Music)
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
• Flexible working (Depending on FlexMode for team)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjbw1-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.