We have a phenomenal opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek an engineering Manager to develop and support PlayStation's DevNet Platform. DevNet is our web portal used worldwide by which developers interact and supply their content onto the PlayStation platform, including games, movies, music, apps, and more. This manager would empower, guide and develop the team supporting these efforts working with the Global Engineering Manager based in the UK. The ideal candidate would have a background developing enterprise-level web applications and services. If this is you please apply!
• Coach, lead, hire and mentor a team of web developers, engineers and support specialists.
• Line management, including one on ones, mentoring, and coaching members to improve performance.
• Performance management process.
• Develop clear outcomes to measure individual performance.
• Appropriately task team to assure the job is done well.
• Bring technical experience and insight to the table and help the team navigate difficult trade-offs and solve sophisticated engineering assignments.
• Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the team's code, architecture, and processes.
• Use data driven decision making techniques and promote/encourage analytics use.
• Work with product owners to help in prioritisation and negotiation of business priorities vs technical complexities
• Help to set the engineering agenda through the technical product vision.
• Manage, maintain and be the main point of contact for local third party service providers.
• Build a supportive, nurturing environment for the team with a commitment to individual growth and well-being of the team members
• Set development programs encouraging cross skilling and learning.
• Promote team consensus and buy in on all major decisions.
• Encourage collaboration between geographically dispersed teams.
• Other tasks assigned as necessary.
• Enterprise application, customer facing website development
• Prior development experience of LAMP: PHP, or similar web development technologies
• Prior development experience of cloud based services.
• Experience of Microservices based architecture
• Team management experience, including hiring/firing, performance reviews, budgeting, etc.
• Tangible degrees and certifications considered a plus
• Experience with working on Agile teams. SAFE experience a nice to have.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d21627-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.