We are looking for a leader to help build and guide a high impact team that supports the productivity of our developers. The team creates and supports cross-cutting services and tools used by PlayStation engineers every day. This includes work supporting continuous integration (CI), improving build and release times, developing and maintaining innovative developer tooling and increasing tooling reliability.
We work with a variety of languages and tech stacks, used by hundreds of engineers across the globe, across all of the platforms (PS4/PS5, Web, Mobile, PC) used at PlayStation. What we do is key to enabling PlayStation engineers working on our customer-facing applications to have the most productive time of their careers while building and running the features that PlayStation and our customers need in order to thrive.
• Work with other PlayStation leaders to design and lead developer productivity standards
• Empower the engineering team, and others in the organization, to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
• Guide and drive the development of build and deployment tools to scale and accelerate our software release processes
• Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with PlayStation's recruiting team
• Help engineers advance in their careers and develop new skills
• Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of PlayStation's engineering management team
We're looking for someone who has:
• 3+ years of people management experience
• A bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
• Hands-on experience building tools that are used daily by other developers (e.g. CI, build support)
• A passion for supporting developer productivity
• Successfully recruited and built great teams
• The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
• Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
It would be great if you:
• Have managed teams that designed and operated critical infrastructure, particularly with a broad remit across core capabilities, builds, and quality
• Are empathetic to developer needs, but conscious enough to not just build a faster horse
• Are comfortable planning in quarters, and can set a vision for several years
• Are excited about collaborating with teammates across PlayStation's organization, to provide a wonderful user experience for key developer workflows
• Are comfortable working with geographically distributed teams
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46q11-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.