Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Aliso Viejo, CA
Director of Quality Engineering
Aliso Viejo, CA
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, intelligent, and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
As a Director of QA, you will define and set the values and strategic vision for the department. You will lead both SDET and manual QA teams to promote a quality mentality across the entire organization. You excel at collaborating with and influencing internal and external development teams to ensure releases meet the high quality standards set by SIE.
• Leads the team to assure product quality by establishing and enforcing quality standards, testing, and processes
• Creates product quality documentation by writing and updating quality assurance procedures
• Prepares and presents quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Participates in design, development, testing, and release management strategies for a wide range of products
• Increases product quality and release confidence via integration, load, and chaos testing
• Develops a quality assurance staff by recruiting, coaching, and training team members
• Stays up to date with the latest trends and developments in quality engineering and is able to put them into practice
• Attends educational workshops, reviews professional publications, establishes personal networks, and participates in professional societies
• 10+ years of proven experience in QA, with at least 5 years in a QA Director role
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Software development (SDLC) practices & nomenclature
• Experience leading and running global teams and projects
• Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
• Automation framework experience, such as Selenium
• Experience writing test plans, test suites, and test cases
• Project management skills to ensure quality processes meet schedule timelines
• Cross-cultural/global working experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxok74-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.