Title-Director, GSBO Strategy Management
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation's extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
The role reports to the Senior Director, Strategy for the Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As part of GSBO, the Strategy Management and Initiatives team is responsible for tracking all strategy-related activities across the organization to ensure coordinated action and execution. The core areas of focus are goals tracking, organizational alignment, strategy planning and reviews, knowledge management, and initiative management. In addition to managing the strategy activities, the team is also responsible for the internal department communication strategy and, in conjunction with HR, driving and executing employee focused initiatives (i.e. learning and development, diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, etc.)
The Director of Strategy Management is responsible for shaping and evolving the overall mission, goals, and strategy for the Strategy Management team. The Director will be responsible for establishing a robust Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). The mission of the EPMO is to improve the ability of GSBO to achieve short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives, and to enhance and level-up the overall productivity of GSBO. This role works with the Senior Director, Strategy to facilitate the strategic and operational planning cycle and the overall Rhythm of Business. The director will be responsible for the management of the leadership process; ensuring good corporate governance and overall workforce productivity.
Success will be dependent on the individual's ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and manage department and cross-departmental initiatives to deliver against overall GSBO objectives. This individual should be a strategic thinker who provides direction to senior leaders in various areas of GSBO. This role is vital to the future growth of GSBO. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and driven leader, possessing excellent planning and visioning skills, a demonstrable, collaborative mindset, an effective communicator, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
What you'll be doing:
• Planning, directing, and accountable for all activities and organizational objectives of the GSBO EPMO office, ensuring that all strategic initiatives are clearly defined, tracked, delivered on time.
• In conjunction with HR, analyze and develop strategies to maximize the human capital within GSBO by developing employee engagement initiatives that improve our employee culture, foster innovation, and create a sense of agency amongst all employees.
• Providing leadership direction and strategy in collaboration with other senior leaders, to establish strategic plans and objectives. Identifying and proposing cross-functional strategic initiatives to enhance and up-level GSBO.
• Co-leading the annual strategic and budget planning process.
• Developing the division's internal integrated communication strategy and oversees the execution of that strategy.
• Responsible for running a consistent Rhythm of Business to ensure the smooth running of all business, operational and people management processes.
• Optimizing the GSBO leadership forum: identifying, agreeing, and implementing ongoing improvements.
• Working cross-functionally to develop processes that ensure appropriate prioritization and approvals for strategic initiatives.
• Responsible for leading a team of 4 people, including creating and driving a culture of high engagement and performance.
What we're looking for:
• Experience leading a PMO or Strategy Management office in a large-scale organization
• Experience leading an annual strategic planning process
• People management skills/expertise is required
• 12-15 years of relevant experience
• Creative and energetic team leader who embraces innovation and a desire to continually improve.
• The ability to act as a motivated, reliable, self-starter who uses initiative to work proactively.
• The ability to understand the team's needs as well as the needs of other teams: resourceful in finding solutions to business problems
• Patient, persistent, pragmatic, and diplomatic
• An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with a drive to deliver exceptional deliverables
• Gifted presenter - able to articulate information widely from senior management summaries to detailed information to specialists.
• Relationship builder - being an influencing and occasionally persuasive person
• Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices
• Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zzem-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.