Director of Data Center Operations
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Future Technology Group is looking for a Director of Datacenter Operations to own the teams responsible for building, deploying and maintain our infrastructure around the globe in support of Sony PlayStation products and services.
• Responsible for leading multiple teams including Datacenter Operations, Network Deployment, DCOps Tooling and Logistics. Provides career development, goals, and process oversight
• Leads the rapid deployment and management of infrastructure across our datacenter footprints and related network points of presence in North America, Europe and Asia.
• Supports a wide range of server, storage and network hardware platforms and associated cabling systems in compliance with TIA-942 standards
• Responsible for ensuring all data center activities are performed without impact to the services with 100% availability and reliability following global Data Center Standards, Incident and Change Management Process within ITIL framework
• Responsible for owning Service Level Agreements with internal and external partners regarding uptime, availability, reliability, efficiency and cost.
• Works closely with Datacenter Sourcing teams by assisting in the development of RFPs, review/ evaluate proposals, perform site assessments, design & implementation of operational sustainability, financial planning, resource management of build and IT deployment
• Assists in Vendor Management including financial planning, budget planning, approval and evaluating and supervising vendor performance
• Key partner in the definition of monitoring, alerting and inventory management system requirements
• Works with cross functional teams to define and execute on Data Center Infrastructure Support Strategies and communication across the teams
• Works with executive management to develop and instill best practices and performance goals and strategy relating to Data Center Operations, Safety, Security, Availability, Scalability and Efficiency
• Work with financial business partners to forecast budget and track spending to ensure financial targets are met. Lead/ Support internal as well as external Data Center Audit and compliance activities
• 10+ years of work experience managing critical systems and technical infrastructure at scale
• Deep demonstrated knowledge in the following areas:
• Data Center Power Systems
• Data Center Cooling Designs
• Systems and Network Hardware
• Data Center design and IT Capacity Planning
• Structured Cable Design and Implementation
• Deep understanding and successful implementation of Industry Best Practices DC Operations and Standards, Uptime Tier Levels & Operational Sustainability Standards, TIA-942, ITIL, ASHRAE
• Data Center Related Certifications – CDCP, CDCDP/ CDCMP, ATS, DCS
• Good interpersonal and facilitation skills along with the ability to represent technical and business solutions to multiple levels internally and externally
• Experience with Audit Compliance both internal and external
• Advanced level of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, VISIO, Project and SharePoint required
• Highly organized, exceptional problem-solving skills, ability to multitask and balance competing priorities and superb communication skills (including senior executive management)
• Demonstrable experience leading projects and delivering against commitments and timelines
Nice to have:
• Prior experience with open-source hardware designs such from OCP or ODCC
• Experience designing and implementing cold-sparing strategies
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq3jz-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.