This role can be Onsite, Hybrid or Remote.
PlayStation Studios is seeking an accomplished senior game leader to serve as Commercial Director for PlayStation Studios Live Service games.
This role will be responsible for leading a team that applies competitive and market intelligence with data analytics and user experience research to support game design, development, and publishing.
This role is geared towards a passionate industry veteran who is highly collaborative with proven expertise in managing large digital campaigns for live service-focused titles for console, PC, or mobile.
This role requires strong people management skills, as well as deep experience and familiarity with Live Service games. This individual will direct a small central team that will establish and evangelize best practices to enable us to engage our players about the games they love, using various digital channels and engagement strategies. Identifying and providing key insights to game teams, marketing and the business are key.
In this role, you will report to PlayStation Studios Head of Live Services.
• Identify opportunities and execute analyses that will deliver impactful gameplay, publishing and business operations insights for our Playstation Studios games.
• Your team will work with Playstation's global marketing, media performance analysts, data scientists, and similar quantitatively-focused roles.
• Serve as the premier ROI-focused leader across all PlayStation Studios (PSS) Live Services (LS) titles. You will constantly evaluate the quality of the players being acquired through CPA vs. LTV , retention vs. churn of acquired customers and other health metrics while driving best practices into the media mix and optimize results of performance channels.
• Scope out, staff up and manage a team to serve all PSS LS teams and titles.
• Establish and evangelize clear, succinct and measurable definitions for core metrics including Cost per Acquisition (CPA), Lifetime Value (LTV), retention and churn across key windows (D1, D7, D15, D30, D60, D90). Ensure benchmarks for each title are established in accordance with their genres and executive dashboards are created and reviewed regularly so internal performance is measured and improved over time.
• Partner with the heads of brand for each title in Global Marketing to ensure major marketing beats are amplified for maximum commercial effectiveness to prospective, active, and lapsed players and they are measured for all major marketing beats across the PSS Live Service portfolio.
• On all advertising/promotional campaigns, work with studio brand leads to ensure the title's product/service line offerings are communicated and promoted to players to drive engagement, monetization and in alignment with brand integrity.
• On all advertising/promotional campaigns, work with studio product management leads to ensure the title's media mix (paid and owned) attract customers who will achieve target acquisition, monetization and retention rates-give priority towards bringing the right customers, not just the most or the cheapest.
• 10+ years experience in providing insights ,analysis and optimization to video game teams. Proven success in scaling games profitably towards category leadership thresholds.
• 10+ years experience managing teams of high performing analysts across user acquisition, digital commerce/sales, and/or CRM in games.
• Seasoned people leader with an ability to manage, mentor, lead and inspire a highly skilled team.
• Deep understanding of how game features, performance media, and brand campaigns complement each other to propel titles to acquire, retain, monetize and refer new and existing players.
• Expertise with the digital marketing ecosystem across paid performance/programmatic channels and internally owned and operated channels (email, notifications, dashboard placements, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills with a specific spike in driving data analysis insights for each studio and PSS leadership.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$206,600 - $309,800 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpykb0-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.